Welcome all of you new and old students!
It’s time for a new semester and today is the first day, and for many of you this a known environment to come back to – but for some of you the University of Borås is a whole new experience. Maybe new accommodation, new city, new student buddies and new courses. Here on the library blog we want to give you a few tips that can help you, new or old student regarding the library services:
- A reference copy of all required textbooks are available on the 1st floor – these books can not be borrowed and are only for use in the library.
- All textbooks for loan stands on each subjectshelf in the library. Many textbooks are also available as e-books.
- Most of our materials can be found by searching in Summon (our discovery tool). You find the searchbox on our website.
- Photocopying is available the 1st floor.
- Printers are available on level 2, 3, 4 and 5, be sure to select the printer on the floor you’re on.
- Most study rooms are located on floor 5 – You book the room through Kronox.
- Adjust the sound level to a normal conversational tone, this is a place of work for many people. Rembember to also put your phone silent.
- Keep in mind that you’re not allowed to eat in the library. Drinks with lids, fruit and candy are ok but for eating please visit the café outside the library, or the lunch lounge outside the library which will be ready soon (all that’s missing right now is furniture).
If you need help with informationseeking just come ask the librarian at the informationpoint, we will gladly help you. If you have questions concerning your account, trouble in Word or other questions we will try to help you the best we can.