Welcome all of you new and old students and researchers!
It’s time for a new semester and today is the first day, and for many of you this a known environment to come back to – but for some of you the University of Borås is a whole new experience. Maybe new accommodation, new city, new student buddies and new courses. Here on the libraryblog we want to give you a few tips that can help you, new or old student regarding library services:
- Library opening hours is displayed on the web page.
- A reference copy of all required textbooks are available on the 1st floor – these books can not be borrow and are only for use in the library.
- All textbooks for loan stands on each subjectshelf in the library. Many textbooks are also available as e-books.
- Most of our materials can be found by searching in Summon (our discovery tool). You find the searchbox on our website.
- Photocopying is available the 1st floor.
- Printers are available on all floors (except 2.5). Instructions on how the printers work are available here.
- Most study rooms are located on floor 5 – You book the room through Kronox.
- All books are in numerical order – from 000 on level 2.5 to 999 on the 4th floor.
- Adjust the sound level to a normal conversational tone, this is a place of work for many people. Mind also to put your phone silent.
- There is a quiet study room in the Library.
- Keep in mind that you’re not allowed to eat in the library. Drinks with lids, fruit and candy are ok but for eating please visit the café outside the library, or the lounge with microwaves on the second floor outside the library. There is also a new lunchlounge at Sandgärdet.
- If you need help with informationseeking just come ask the librarian at the informationpoint, we will gladly help you.
- The Library search lab has drop-in hours if you need further help with your information seeking.
- If you have questions concerning your account, trouble in Word or other questions we will try to help you the best we can.
Read more on our website where we gathered information for you as a new student.
Follow us in social media, so you’ll never miss tip from us regarding everything from hidden treasures in our collections or how to search in a database!
Text: Lisa Carlsson & Lena Holmberg
Picture: Anna Sigge