Welcome all of you new and old students and researchers!
It’s time for a new semester and today is the first day, and for many of you this a familiar environment you come back to – but for some of you the University of Borås is a whole new experience. Maybe new accommodation, new city, new student buddies and new courses. Here on the Library blog we want to give you a few tips that can help you, new or old student, regarding library services:
- Library opening hours are displayed on the website.
- A reference copy of all required textbooks are available on the 1st floor – these books can not be borrowed and are only for use in the library.
- All textbooks for loan stands on each subjectshelf in the library. Many textbooks are also available as e-books.
- Most of our materials can be found by searching in Primo (our discovery tool). You find the searchbox on our website.
- Your tag is your library card and also a copy / print card.
- Photocopying is mainly available the 1st floor.
- Multifunction printers are available on all floors (except 2.5). Instructions for printing can be found here.
- The library has many study rooms – you book the rooms through Kronox.
- All books in the library are in numerical order – from 000 on level 2.5 to 999 on the 4th floor.
- The library has printed journals on level 1 but also on level 2. But the majority of our journals are electronic, and you can find them through the website.
- Adjust the sound level to a normal conversational tone, this is a place of work for many people. A good idea is to put your phone in silent mode.
- There is a quiet study room in the library, you find it at the entrance floor.
- Keep in mind that you’re not allowed to eat in the library. Drinks with lids, fruit and candy are OK; but for eating – please visit the café or the lounge with microwave ovens outside the library.
- If you need help with information seeking just come ask the librarian at the Information point, we will gladly help you.
- The Library Search lab has drop-in hours if you need further help with your information seeking. In addition, the Language lab is open at the same time in the same room, so you can also get help with linguistic questions.
- If you have questions about your user account, problems with Microsoft Word or other questions, please feel free to contact us.
If you are a new student – please read more on our website with helpful information for you as a new student.
P.S. Feel free to follow us in social media!
Text: Lena Holmberg
Photo: Suss Wilén